On the weekend of May 19 and 20, Conrail will perform important track and signal work requiring Raritan Valley Line (RVL) trains to be replaced by NJ TRANSIT buses between Cranford and Newark Penn stations. Please allow for extra travel time and listen for station announcements.
View schedule HERE.
WEEKEND OF MAY 19-20
- Trains will operate between Raritan and Cranford stations ONLY. Substitute bus service will operate in both directions between Cranford and Newark.
- Customers traveling FROM Raritan to Garwood will board their regular trains.
- Customers at Cranford, Roselle Park and Union will board buses to Newark. Buses will not depart Cranford until all customers have transferred from the train.
- At Newark, customers continuing TO Secaucus and New York should board the next available train. Customers may wait longer than usual for their connecting train at Newark, and, if traveling via Secaucus, should plan their connections carefully as trains will not be held at Secaucus.
- Customers will arrive at their final destination up to 55 minutes later than usual if using NJ TRANSIT trains.
- Customers traveling FROM Newark will board buses to Union Station, Roselle Park and Cranford. At Cranford, customers will transfer to the train. Trains will not depart until all buses have arrived and all customers have transferred.
- Customers traveling FROM New York or Secaucus will take their regular connecting trains from those stations and transfer to buses at Newark.
- Buses will not depart Newark until the connecting train has arrived and all customers have transferred.
- Trains will not depart Cranford until all buses have arrived and all customers have transferred.
- Customers will arrive at their final destination up to 35 minutes later than usual.
We apologize for any inconvenience. For information or language assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.